Ethiopian Commodity Exchange invites qualified applicants for the following position
Job Title: Specialist, Legal Services
Work Place: Addis Ababa
Deadline: September 22, 2022
The purpose of this position is to assist the Manager in the divisional operation; provide legal advice to the management and functional units on administrative issues, agreements, negotiations and working manuals, and labor relations; defend the right of the Exchange before a court of law, different judicial or administrative organ; review and incorporate inputs on drafted operational and administrative policies, procedures, rules and regulations designed by different functional units from a legal perspective and ensure its alignment; participate in the development of annual divisional plans and ensures its implementation; produce periodic reports.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Represents and defends the rights of the Exchange before a court of law, quasi-judicial or administrative organs;
· Ensures the organization and safe keeping of files and records of court cases, investigation reports, and other related documents
· Participates in the development of strategy, arguments, and testimonies in preparation for presentation of the case before courts of law or other judicial or quasi-judicial institutions;
· Gathers all necessary evidence to formulate a defense or to initiate legal action to defend the interests of the Exchange;
· Prepares responses to requests made by courts and law enforcement agencies;
· Prepares recommendations on action to be taken on legal issues that concern the Exchange to prevent or avoid unnecessary litigation and minimize cost and risks;
· Sets arbitration proceeding in motion and assist and facilitate the proceeding and implementation of arbitral awards;
· Negotiates, drafts, and reviews agreements, and administrative contracts;
· Reviews drafted policies, procedures, working manuals, Exchange rules, and other related documents crafted by the respective functional units.
· Provides day-to-day legal advice and interpretations on administrative and operational issues as requested by the respective functional units of the Exchange;
· Prepares responses to requests made by government institutions, business sectors, and other stakeholders as necessary;
· LLM/LLB Degree
· 2/4 years relevant work experience in judiciary, prosecution, and legal advisory field
· Language – Amharic, Oromiffa, and English are required, and knowing another language is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants who meet the above requirements can apply online using the link below