The role is responsible for ensuring accurate financial reporting across our operations using our budgetary systems coding. The role will also support the monitoring of the financial health of our projects and work closely with the Funding and Program team to support the financial management across different funding sources.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support Head of Finance and Business Development Manager in the management of a portfolio of restricted grants and institutional funds including analyzing spending patterns and variances to budget on a monthly basis, monitoring expenses to ensure compliance with Oxfam and grantor policies, and completing budget modifications or forecasts
- Ensure expenditure requests for all projects are in line with donor and internal budget coding
- Verify expenditures are charged to correct budget lines of contracts and Oxfam account codes vis-s-vis requesters’ budget line.
- Review and ensure cost recovery across restricted/donor funding projects in line with Oxfam’s cost-recovery policy.
- Lead on financial aspects of budget development for new donor proposals by working closely with the program, operations, business development, and other functions and ensure that as new grants are awarded, they are incorporated into the appropriate Oxfam’s overall country budget
- Lead on developing and maintaining various financial analyses and tools for new and ongoing cross-departmental projects such as budget creation templates, fund reporting, periodic budget vs actuals reports, and payroll processing
- Provide system and business administrator level support to program managers for the Internal budget template
- Support department heads with the fiscal budget preparation, monthly forecast updates, analytics, and reviews
- Analyze financial data and create and update BvAs to support strategic decision making
- Review and analyze monthly expenses in coordination with the Head of Finance
- Review grant proposal budgets for compliance with Oxfam policies and donor regulations.
- Ensures the preparation of high-quality financial reports, reviews/monitors financial performance against budget
- Support project managers with project narratives in relation to expenditure and financial risks.
- Prepare and facilitate final contract reconciliations and closures
- High-level experience in financial planning & analysis, and stakeholder management, preferably gained in an international development context
- Experience in supporting and building staff capacity through training
- Significant exposure to ERP Financials and a working knowledge of business intelligence tools
- High levels of computer literacy
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel including Power Query
- Appropriate qualification in accounting or a related discipline
- More than three years of experience in financial planning, analysis, and reporting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to see both the big picture and to dive into the details as needed
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence tools (Power BI, Tableau, Salesforce, or ERP dashboards)
- Focus Oxfam Competencies: Agility-Complexity-and-Ambiguity, Systems Thinking, and Humility
- Use judgment and decision-making to execute responsibilities and duties.
How to Apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile through www.ethiojobs.net or using Oxfam’s internal /External application portal https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk / or https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/17934/description on or before September 14, 2022.